Monday, March 8, 2010

Why Am I Here?

Pastor Joel Hunter was a special guest speaker at KFA today, our church here in Kenosha, WI. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to think about his message on church planting but I have to tell you, he really spoke to my heart about why I'm here. You see, I am the church, you are the church, all of us who love the Lord Jesus Christ and have accepted Him into our hearts as Lord and Savior are the church. How long have I sat with this impression or idea of what church was? Have I ever thoucht outside of the box? I can't say that I have when it comes to church but Pastor Joel really opened my eyes to the responsibility that I have to share God's love with those around me. I mean, I know that's what I'm supposed to do but for some reason I never really associated that with "the church!" Jesus has called us to be a light that shines in a dark world ... how can I be a light in a dark world if I always want to be "in church?" Don't get me wrong here ... I love to corporately worship with my other brothers and sisters and to praise the Lord and to receive a good message and that's so important ... but what about the rest of the week? What am I doing as the church to spread Christ's love to such a hurting world? Why am I here? I am here to be His hands and feet! I am here to bring hope to the hurting ... I am here to help set the captives free by directing them to the One who can set them free ... Jesus ... I am here to love the unloveable ... I am here because He created me to be here and I am honored to serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment