Thursday, January 26, 2012

Food for Thought

Wow, I'm truly amazed that it's been a year since I last wrote on this blog ... and what a year it's been!  I have to tell you that I was actually shocked to reread my blog entry from January 10, 2011 because it talks about exactly how I feel today.  Totally defeated!  I wonder why that is?  What is it that causes me to continually beat myself up for not achieving the goals that I have set for myself.  Why do I hold so much in my head rather than typing it out on paper so that I can go back and reread previous entries like I did today?  I can learn so much about myself if I would just do that.  I have talked about writing this blog for three years now and I seem to do OK for a few days but then I just stop ... like so many other lofty goals of mine.  And then I feel like I have failed something else.  Well ... I'm tired of feeling this way and I'm tired of being so hard on myself. I'm the only me that I will ever have and I'm sick and tired of the way I treat myself!  Where's the pride and dignity in who Christ created me to be?  Starting today I will no longer relish in my miseries of the past but rather, I will thank the Lord for His mercies and GRACE which are NEW EVERY morning!  He loves us so much and it hurts Him when I'm so cruel to myself.  I really think it does.


And so it is that once again I will climb back aboard life's journey that's so full of adventure.  Each morning I will wake up reminding myself of God endless love for me and my love for Him.  My prayer is that His love will flow through me to others no matter what it is I'm doing.  Even at the pool swimming, there's always folks to talk with and encourage.  It's time for me to take the focus off of me and focus on Jesus because He has called me to just be me and allow Him to love others through me so that they can see and experience His love for them.  My true hearts desire is to be His hands and feet ... to love and care for others and to share the good news of Jesus' forgiveness and unconditional love. Yes, He has me right where He wants me and I'm going to rejoice in the Lord each day for the opportunities He has given me today! Because I'm gong to Live Today Well!  I'm sure they'll be some bumps and bruises along this journey but you know ... that's OK.  I'm not going to worry about tomorrow.  I'm focusing on today.  And as my priorities get straightened out ... I believe my health will follow because He does love me and He does care about me.  And the same goes for you my friend.  It's time for the discouragement to flee because discouragement is not something from the Lord but rather it's the devil doing everything he can to get us to give up and quit.  Hmmmm how long has he had me trapped in the same spot?  I'm sick of it.  It's time to speak life of ourselves dear friends.  John 10:10 tells us that the enemy has come to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus has come that we might have LIFE and that more abundant!  I'm choosing life ..... How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment